Format: Mobi (Kindle)
Series: The Venom Trilogy
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Author: Shannon Mayer
Rating: 1 Brazen Babe
- The plot was decent. Humans are dying from a disease. This disease only affects humans who have a Supe strain in their DNA. So several walls are built to keep the infected and the other Supes separated from humans. Also, on the side of the wall where the Supes reside, they cannot interact with different species, it's like everyone must stick with their own. When we come into the story Alena, the MC is a human dying from this disease. Then, you have Greek Goddess Hera who hires Merlin (yep, that dude) to create monsters (from the same humans who have died) so that Greek heroes can come back and kill them.
- This story...it was....it was all of the damn place really. There was no rhyme or reason to the going on's here. Too many surprises, some things just didn't jive and I only got more confused as I read. There are some truly eye-rolling moments for the reader with Venom & Vanilla. AND we still don't know why Alena's mother (who is a Christian fanatic HATES Supes) married one and had children with said Supe.
- Everybody in this book was silly and made no sense, especially Alena. I could not take her serious at all. She was to wishy washy for my taste. Like how you gonna be a bad bish one minute and a wimp the next. I understood she was grounded in what she was taught growing up but this chick was so very annoying. And her not cursing?...replacing the not cursing with those silly ass sayings...come on son. Like it wasn't cute or funny.
- I'm assuming the author wanted this to be a humorous paranormal story but uhm...nah, it wasn't. The characters and I mean all of them came off as kinda dumb and clueless, some even were so stereotypical...I caught a case of WTF face continuously at their mannerisms to their style of dressing. I mean, these are Supernaturals and Greek Gods/Goddess...why was everyone close to stupid?
- If you like cheesy, corny, over-the-top silly stories then you might enjoy Venom & Vanilla. I was truly looking forward to reading this too. But what a messy mess of a story. The mash up of Supernaturals and Greek mythology could have been done better.
Grown ass woman, Mother, reader, drinker of the red wines, not so serious makeup artist and finally...a habitual procrastinator. I read just about everything but I really do love my romances. HEA’s are optional because hell sometimes, Prince Charming really is just a frog. Don’t asked if I finished *that book* yet...because I didn’t.
Find me out here in these eStreets:
*remember to click on the blog post to share it...many thanks!