Now, there are a couple of movies that are being coming up and out that I'm excited about...I mean dance til I drop excited. I also saw Wonder Woman this past weekend, check my thoughts out below.
The Dark Tower (2017)
Lissseeennnn baby! My lover (in my lil ol head) is starring in this one and I can't wait until August gets here. I've read the Dark Tower books by Stephen King and highly enjoyed them. I just hope that somebody finally gets a movies/tv show or whateever made based off one of this mans books correct or at least close to the damn book! I sincerely hope The Dark Tower is the first!
Roland Deschain (Idris Elba), the last Gunslinger, is locked in an eternal battle with Walter O'Dim (Matthew McConaughey), also known as the Man in Black. The Gunslinger must prevent the Man in Black from toppling the Dark Tower, the key that holds the universe together. With the fate of worlds at stake, two men collide in the ultimate battle between good and evil.
The Books via +Goodreads
Black Panther (2018)
So the trailer for the highly anticipated Black Panther movie dropped and well, the world stopped (or at least mines did, lols). I literally watched this trailer about 100 times already. It was beautiful, it was bad ass, it is going to BE all of that and a bag of mfing chips. I can't wait, but February 2018? come on bruh! come on!....
T'Challa, the new ruler of the advanced kingdom of Wakanda, must defend his land from being torn apart by enemies from outside and inside the country.
The Books via +Goodreads
Is it me? or are these gentlemen's looking like snackety snacks!!!
(2017) Out Now
Before she was Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), she was Diana, princess of the Amazons, trained to be an unconquerable warrior. Raised on a sheltered island paradise, Diana meets an American pilot (Chris Pine) who tells her about the massive conflict that's raging in the outside world. Convinced that she can stop the threat, Diana leaves her home for the first time. Fighting alongside men in a war to end all wars, she finally discovers her full powers and true destiny.
Wonder Woman was good. I know folks are all excited about it and they should be…you should be if you haven’t seen it yet. But for a two hour plus movie, it could have been way better.
- . Since this is the first movie, we should have gotten more time of learning about Wonder Woman home Themyscira. We really don’t get much of her being at home. Sure we get a brief time of her growing up…but nothing really of her relationships with the other Amazons. Not even with her Mother, it was disappointing to say the least. I just feel like IF this will be the first movie in her Franchise, we should have learned more about her home. I mean, she ain't have no friends? like WTH?
- . The romance – Now look man. I’m all for Wonder Woman finding love and all that BUT this chick just left home…ain’t never met a man before in the whole of her life but she falls in love and haves sex with a man in just two days. No, I could have seen a friendship type of relationship building between WW and Steve but forreals….giving up the wonder drawers in two days? nah dawg. I also had an issue with how much time was spent on this “romance building”…shiiitttt, Lois ain’t even get that much play in Superman. IJS.
- . The storyline was a bit boring. Again two plus hours and the story just didn’t fit. There should have used more editing/cutting to get it down to maybe a hour and a half. Two hours of Wonder Woman chasing around Europe trying to get the bad guy and falling in love with a man was…IMO wasteful.
- . I did love Gal Galdot as Wonder Woman. She gave a innocence to our young WW, coming out of her home with big ol saucer eyes and rose color glasses on. Our young WW is trying to fight the good fight…to save human kind. And she knows she can kick ass but learns that man even without the help of a devious God is sometimes evil to the core.
- . The action scenes were hard f88ing core. Oh, thank you movie gods for giving us a woman that can kick some ass and take names. Best part of the movie for me was the action scenes. Yassss Wonder Woman, fuck em up girl!
- . Can we add more WOC in the next movie? I know there were more black Amazons and where were the Asian Amazons? Latina Amazons? Indian Amazon? .....
We now have a vlog channel via Youtube, if you like please subscribe 😁
Grown ass woman, Mother, reader, drinker of the red wines, not so serious makeup enthusiast and finally...a habitual procrastinator. I read just about everything but I really do love my romances. HEA’s are optional because hell sometimes, Prince Charming really is just a frog. Don’t asked if I finished *that book* yet...because I didn’t.